Are you a single mother feeling down in the dumps?
Feeling like you’re the only one struggling to stay positive and motivated? I get it! Motherhood is tough and can be really isolating. Having to do everything by yourself doesn’t make parenting any easier.
But let me assure you that you are not alone.
So many single mothers go through the same thing. And it’s crucial that you get a dose of encouragement once in a while to help you push through the challenges of solo parenting and keep your head above water.
To help you stay motivated and feel less alone, I’ve compiled 50 quotes to encourage and empower single mothers everywhere.
Read them when you need a pick-me-up, write them down, and keep them in your wallet as a reminder that you are amazing, or share them with your girlfriends to help build each other up. Whatever you do, don’t forget how amazing you are! You got this!
Here are 50 quotes to encourage you on your tough journey.
1. “Single mothers are not a burden on society, they are an asset.” -J.K. Rowling
2. “There is no greater challenge than parenting alone.” -Kate Winslet.
3. “The strength of a mother is greater than natural laws.” – Barbra Streisand.
4. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill.
5. “A single mother has to be tough, independent, patient, loving, and strong. They don’t have an option to just throw in the towel.” – Mandy Hale.
6. “A single mother is one of the strongest people you will ever meet.” -Unknown.
7. “It takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a superwoman to do it alone.” –Unknown.
8. “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.” – Unknown.
9. “There is no shame in being a single mother. What is shameful is the way our society often treats them.” -Cheryl Strayed.
10. “God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.” – Jewish Proverb.
11. “Single mothers are warriors, and we deserve all the love and support that we can get.” -Mandy Hale.
12. “A single mother has to be strong for her child even when she feels like crumbling inside.” – Unknown.
13. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving.
14. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honoré de Balzac.
15. “Single mothers are not looking for a handout, they are just looking for a helping hand.” – Unknown.
16. “Being a single mother means that you have to be both mother and father. And sometimes you have to do it all by yourself.” – Unknown.
17. “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
18. “Single mothers are some of the most selfless and strongest people you will ever meet.” – Unknown.
19. “A single mother’s love is like a rose, it can grow in even the harshest of conditions.” – Unknown
20. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” – Jessica Lange.
21. “No matter how tired you are, always find time to tuck your children into bed at night and tell them a story.” – Unknown.
22. “The hardest job any woman can do is being a single mother.” – Unknown.
23. “It takes a lot of courage to be a single mother. It’s not for the faint of heart.” -Unknown.
24. “There is no one like a mother. Her love is unconditional.” – Unknown.
25. “A single mother’s love for her children knows no bounds.” – Unknown.
26. “If you are a single mother and feel like giving up, just remember that you are the only one who can give your child the gift of a mother’s love.” – Unknown.
27. “No matter how hard it gets, never give up on yourself or your children.” – Unknown.
28. “It’s not easy being a single parent. But it’s so rewarding.” -Denisse Rojas-Garcia.
29. “To the world, you are a Mother…To your family, you are the world.” -Unknown.
30. “A mother’s love is unending and knows no bounds.” – Unknown.
31. “A single mother is one of the bravest people you will ever meet.” – Unknown.
32. “Never give up on yourself or your children. You are both worth it.” – Unknown.
33. “A mother’s love is the light that guides her children through the darkness.” – Unknown.
34. “A mother’s love is the strongest force in the world.” – Unknown.
35. “You are not alone. As a single parent, you are doing it all.” -Unknown.
36. “A single parent is one who is bringing up a child or children alone, without the support of another partner.” -Gingerbread UK. “
37. “A Single mother is one of the biggest heroes there is.” -Mandy Hale.
38. “I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect child and you will never be. But together we are perfect for each other.” – Unknown.
39. “A single mother has to be tough, intelligent, and strong all at the same time. They don’t have a choice.” -Unknown.
40. “A single mother is one of the strongest people you will ever meet.” -Unknown.
41. “The beauty of being a single mother is that you can love your child with your whole heart and not have to worry about breaking someone else’s.” -Unknown.
42. “A single mother is a superhero. She is strong, independent, and does it all on her own.” -Unknown.
43. “Single mothers: You are doing one of the hardest jobs in the world. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you are not enough.” -Unknown
44. “A single mother is not just a woman raising a child by herself. She is also a warrior, fighting for her family every day.” -Unknown.
45. “Single mothers: You are amazing. You are strong. You are brave. You are everything your child needs.” -Unknown.
46. “Raising a child is hard work, no matter how you do it. But it’s especially challenging when you’re doing it on your own.” -Unknown.
47. ”No one said being a single parent was easy. But it’s worth it.” –Unknown
48. “A single mother is not just a woman raising a child by herself. She is also a warrior, fighting for her family every day.” -Unknown.
49. “Single mothers: You are doing one of the hardest jobs in the world. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you are not enough.” -Unknown.
50. “A single mother is a superhero. She is strong, independent, and does it all on her own.” -Unknown.
Encouraging Quotes for Struggling Single Mothers
I hope that these quotes have encouraged and inspired you to keep going even when you’re feeling down. We all need a pick-me-up once in a while (or even every day), and if this post makes one single mother feel less alone, it will be worth it.
If you loved these quotes, please share them with your friends on social media or elsewhere. And if you’d like to read more about being a single mother, check out 14 tips to help you ace the dating scene as a single mom.
As always, thank you for reading. 😉